It feels good to get things done.
What a busy day! Being hopped up on caffeine does wonders for domestic productivity. Loving the Starbucks Via packets! What I do is use an empty water bottle, put in my desired amount of either Caramel sauce or honey, soy milk, and then empty a Via packet into the bottle and shake! Instant yummy coffee that is the perfect strength for me and is super fast and easy… which is how I take my coffee and my men… teehee.
photo from starbucksstore.com
1. Had a lovely morning shower with more hot water than I knew what to do with (Thank you Mr. Landlord for replacing the 22 yr. old water heater with a brand-spanking new one last Saturday! Much Happy Blessings for you!).
2. Played with #2 in the morning and did a couple of loads of laundry before doing the school run to pick up #1.
3. Then took both of my Precious Happies to the newly discovered Japanese market near by. Oh how I love love love this market! It has a variety of fresh seafood that astounds and delights and that only Japanese Markets can provide. Bought a slew of sashimi products to delight the DH for dinner: tuna, salmon, yellow-tail, ikura, geoduck, and the most treasured of them all–blue fin ohtoro at $69.99/lb! Total for sashimi = $45 of yummy goodness! Only complaint is that there was no uni to be found. Other than that, we got a two person feast for under fifty bones. And they even provide FREE ice for all your seafood cooling needs! Oh how lovely! That’s some Precious Sashimi Happy right there folks!
photo from activerain.com/image_store/uploads/2/7/3/2/3/ar12327458532372.jpg
photo from flavorj.com/~skysea/sushi/ikura.jpg
Photo from Sakuraya Fish Mart flickr.com/photos/90688627@N00/2395867310
4. Found the most adorable Wii Remote Pez-like Candy Dispenser for $1.59 each. They are A-DOR-ABLE! You load it up and it shoots out Pez-like candy when you press the “B” button on the very realistic mini Wii Remote Controller Candy Dispenser. The kids got such a kick out of it that I got them each one, one for Mommy, one for Daddy, and an extra one for #1 to give to his best friend. If we have another Super Mario Bros. themed birthday party, I’m thinking that these would make awesome party favors. They are too cool for school, Man!
photo from mitzvahlicious.com/storage/wiimote-candy.jpg
5. Got to use my pretty new pink and floral Playmate Cooler for the sashimi and ice that I purchased from the Japanese market for the trip home. My fresh fish stayed nice and cold and FRESH all the way home to my fridge until din-din time. Good tip for all you fish and meat lovers, keep a cooler in your car for your shopping trips when you want to keep your food safe and cold.
6. Once home, finished doing the dishes… score for Mommy! This is one of my least least least favorite things to do and it feels really good to finish it.
7. Also did a few more loads of laundry. Yay to clean clothes. I can actually look like a decent human being again. I have missed you my Lacoste polos, cashmere sweaters, and my replenished supply of butt-hugging jeans! And yes, I wash all of these in my washing machine. Just select the delicate or hand-wash cycle on your machine and DO NOT put in your dryer machine but lay out to dry and you too can clean cashmere and expensive polos without having to dry-clean them! This has saved much dinero for me over the years! Can’t wait til tomorrow when I can finish my “Brights” load so that I can climb into one of my favorite hoodies; my blue and yellow UCLA one that I get loads of compliments on and questions as to where to buy (which is actually a pretty strange question as one can get it directly from UCLA!).
8. The counters are clean clean clean! Goodbye grease! Hello my reflection in the granite!
9. Got to break in the new broom and dust pan I bought. It was a splurge (at $12.99 for a friggin dust pan, that’s pretty extravagant to yours truly) but since it is Japanese built as in made for small spaces, it folds up and fits neatly in the teensy space tween my fridge and the kitchen cabinets.
10. Did some bills! Gah I hate credit card companies! My fixed 9.99% rate Amex just jumped up to a variable 28% APR for no apparent reason. When asked why the terms changed, they replied “new government regulations, economic change, prime rate change, blah blah blah…” meaning they are suddenly screwing me over after a faithful, perfect payment history for the past 10 years BECAUSE THEY CAN! …. Okay so this isn’t too Precious Happy but at least some bills got paid and we had the means to pay them (always a blessing especially during this scary recession).
I’m starting to freeze (living in a rented 50 yr. old house with paper-thin walls can do that to ya) so I must bid adieu for now. Away to my cozy down comforter I go. My feet need heat. Wishing you all some Precious Happy of your own until next time!
You must be logged in to post a comment.